Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later

Go down 
+2
kristelsea
chelseanyc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chelseanyc

argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later Empty
PostSubject: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Hey All.. Any suggestions of where to shop  (on line) or call  in Nassau for 45 to 60 gallon electric water heater?  Know CBS  any other suggestions?  Brand suggestions are welcome too
Chelsea!
Back to top Go down
kristelsea

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 pm

I would strongly suggest an on-demand (or tankless) water heater.  They don't stay on all the time so they're less expensive to use.  You can get one on ebay and send it to a US address and have it shipped over... Chris Cates at The Lumber Shed has been really nice lately letting me ship to his address... he sends a trailer over every week from Ft Lauderdale.  So it takes about a week or less to get it after it reaches his location.  Or, try to order a tankless heater in Nassau.

Here's a propane one on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tankless-On-Demand-Hot-Water-Heater-Propane-2-0-GPM-Marey-GA5LP-/151801248601?hash=item23580f3b59
Back to top Go down
Bluenoser

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 11:42 pm

We had to replace ours last winter and I would have required a fairly extensive electrical upgrade as a tankless won't work on 'regular' 110 wire like most of the electric in the house. I was surprised at how many options I found on the island, no need to go to Nassau. I think we ended up at Tarpum Bay shopping centre and bought a 30 gallon instead. Almost all brands are related as there are only 3 major suppliers in the States and almost all other names are branches of those three. I think we got 'American'. You are close to Lord Byron's but his prices are higher than others. Appliance store in UpperBogue by the cross roads and a few choices in Rock Sound (lumber shed).
Back to top Go down
chelseanyc

PostSubject: thanks for the info    argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:38 am

thank you for the info!
Back to top Go down
RachelH

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 11:51 am

I second Kristel's reco. We have tankless and it was simple to install. Also have used Chris a couple times for bringing things in. Really nice guy!
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Rachel...who did you use to do the install?
Back to top Go down
RachelH

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 5:56 pm

We have a friend from Andros who comes over, so he did our install. But I would think Will Deal in NPP could do?
Back to top Go down
BlueMarlin

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:11 pm

Rachel, do you know if you needed to upgrade your power?
Back to top Go down
RachelH

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 am

That part of the house was new so didn't have power. We put it in at the same time the on demand water heater was installed. But yes, need 40 amp.
Back to top Go down
kristelsea

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:54 am

chelseanyc wrote:
Hey All.. Any suggestions of where to shop  (on line) or call  in Nassau for 45 to 60 gallon electric water heater?  Know CBS  any other suggestions?  Brand suggestions are welcome too
Chelsea!

So... now I need one for our rental... did you find one in Nassau?  Or did you go local?  I'm trying to save time and order in Nassau so I can get it on the boat tomorrow.... ebay will take too long.  Renter is really wanting hot showers :-)
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:52 pm

CBS, Master Technicians, Taylor Industries, Wongs Home Depot, Kellys, or National Plumbing.   All in Nassau.
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Also try Bahamas Fire and Welding.
Back to top Go down
Bluenoser

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Kristel did you see my earlier posts about where to buy on Eleuthera?
Back to top Go down
kristelsea

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:11 am

Bluenoser wrote:
Kristel did you see my earlier posts about where to buy on Eleuthera?

Thanks all!  Bought mine at Kelly's Lumber in Nassau.  Donald happens to be there right now, but they will ship to family islands.  FYI, the hardware store in Tarpum Bay has the best prices in Eleuthera... and you can bargain them down.  But Nassau is cheaper yet.  And the prices were not much above US, so to save shipping and duty... worth it to buy "local"
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:56 pm

I really like Kellys....but at this time of the year it can be a real zoo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later   argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later Empty

Back to top Go down

argh Need new electric water heater sooner than later
Page 1 of 1