Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deep Creek blue hole?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MartyG

Deep Creek blue hole? Empty
PostSubject: Deep Creek blue hole?   Deep Creek blue hole? EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 am

Has anyone visited the blue hole in Deep Creek?  is it worth a trip from GHB?

I bonefish down there and even stumbled upon the old airport but never saw the blue hole.

Any info would be appreciated.

Marty
Back to top Go down
Joker460

PostSubject: Re: Deep Creek blue hole?   Deep Creek blue hole? EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:36 pm

MartyG wrote:
Has anyone visited the blue hole in Deep Creek?  is it worth a trip from GHB?

I bonefish down there and even stumbled upon the old airport but never saw the blue hole.

Any info would be appreciated.

Marty

Just use google maps https://www.google.ca/maps/@24.7833775,-76.2862221,1787m/data=!3m1!1e3 and it's clear as a blue hole
Back to top Go down
kristelsea

PostSubject: Re: Deep Creek blue hole?   Deep Creek blue hole? EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Haven't been on the forum in some time.. my apologies... maybe we need to change this to a facebook page?  Anyhow, I'm probably the best person to answer this since I live in Deep Creek. 
We call it the Gulley Hole.  At low tide it is a separate blue hole, at high tide it is part of the creek.  It is really quite pretty.  Occasionally  there are jelly fish that get trapped in there... they're the white ones that sting lightly.  So, pay attention if you go swimming there.  It's a nice spot to kayak.

To get there:  Coming from Waterford... go thru Deep Creek, the road bends left at Sheryl's Inn and Restaurant.  As it goes up the hill a bit you will see a 2 story business on the right and 2 story house on the left.  (This is Trevor Pinder's Marine store and rental apartments - there are a lot of boats in the yard).  There is a dirt road that goes alongside the 2 story house on the left.  Take this dirt road.  It's not very far that it dead ends at the Gulley Hole.
Back to top Go down
MartyG

PostSubject: Re: Deep Creek blue hole?   Deep Creek blue hole? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks Kristel.  I'll check it out at the end of the month.  Is it muddy like the flats in Deep Creek?

Marty
Back to top Go down
MartyG

PostSubject: Thanks Kristel   Deep Creek blue hole? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 am

Kristel,

Thanks for the great directions to the Deep Creek blue hole.

I visited the Gulley Hole last week.  It's much nicer and much larger than the one in Rock Sound.  Worth the drive easily.  I was by myself so I didn't spend much time there but the water was fairly clear and if I was with some friends in swim gear I would have jumped in.

And I had a chance to chat with Mr. Pinder.  Looks like he has a pretty good marine business operation going there.

Marty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Creek blue hole?   Deep Creek blue hole? Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Creek blue hole?
Page 1 of 1