Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Flights to Cuba

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bluenoser

PostSubject: Flights to Cuba   Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:49 am

We are looking at the possibility of joining friends for a week in Holguin Cuba next spring. I see that Bahamas Air flies into Havanna but wonder what others may have done out of Nassau or even better out of Eleuthera. Perhaps a charter would be easier but we are just two.

Any experience or good thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Blue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capt. Kool Aid

PostSubject: Re: Flights to Cuba   Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:27 pm

I've traveled to Cuba via Mexico and Nassau over the years.

Going in and out of Nassau you just need to be aware that U.S. Customs and Immigration are right there to see you come and go.

It wasn't a big deal when I traveled out of there and should be less so now I would think. But it is something you should be aware of if you are traveling with out first obtaining one of the 12 travel authorizations required for legal travel to Cuba by a U.S. citizen.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_new.pdf

And of course if you are not a U.S. citizen, don't sweat it! cheers

I doubt there are any direct flight to Cuba out of Eleuthera. And a charter flight would not be cheap.

I liked flying Cubana. In the past it was Cuban rum and cigars available as soon as you took off. And yes you could smoke on the plane! affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Flights to Cuba
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1