Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

where to buy TV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oceanbreeze

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: where to buy TV   where to buy TV EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:15 pm

My 5 yrs old 50 inch LG TV died. Power surge/brownout killed it !
It was plugged into "surge protector pwr bar"!?
Need ideas/advise where to buy next 40 incher..
what brand?
1/ Fort Lauderdale /Miami
PRO ; CHEAP,
CON: shipping w Seacor then VAT + $$$

2/ Nassau;
PRO cheaper than Rocksound,
CON: trip to Nassau, shipping via ship or air to Governors

3/ Eleuthera - Rock Sound? Governors?
PRO: personal pick up in Rock-sound,
CON: most expensive, not too much choice..

kindest regards
OCEANBREEZE

(heard a horror story about Canuc schlepping his TV from Toronto, paid west jet, then VAT, Duty in Nassau, schlepped it with Southern-air to Governors and when he FINALLY plugged it in his house in socket-IT DIDN'T WORK!)

Last edited by oceanbreeze on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Becks

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: where to buy TV   where to buy TV EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Carried a TV from Canada? What a dumb-ass! Take the ferry to Nassau, go to Master Technicians, buy a TV and load it into the car, ferry back to Eleuthera.
Back to top Go down
oceanbreeze

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: where to buy TV   where to buy TV EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:37 am

Becks thanks for the idea

I was thinking to hire a "middleman " in Nassau for $50 to buy my TV and then ship it via ferry to elu

In my ten years on island I never used the ferry...
are u suggesting to board car on ferry then drive it in Nassau to/from store and back on ferry to elu?
what's the cost for car + passenger  to/from elu?
wouldn't it be cheaper taking ferry and then taxi to/from store?..

kind regards
oceanbreeze
Back to top Go down
Becks

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: where to buy TV   where to buy TV EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Yes...it would be cheaper...but you are going to have to overnight in Nassau......or alternativly....you could fly one-way to Nassau....get taxi ....go buy tv, go to dock, take ferry to Current,Spanish Wells and catch ride to your house or car.   But my original idea was once in Nassau to buy tv, you could load up your car with groceries and stuff for your house that you can't find in Eleuthera.what part of Eleuthera do you live on.
Back to top Go down
kristelsea

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: where to buy TV   where to buy TV EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:01 pm

You can just call most Nassau businesses and order and pay over the phone.  If they don't take credit card, then you can deposit the $ on their bank account.  Then they send it over on the boat.  Delivery to dock is usually free, you just pay the boat for shipping when it gets here.  I've done it for a deep freeze and for an upright side by side fridge and for a ductless a/c.  No need for a Nassau middleman... you just need to know what you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

where to buy TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: where to buy TV   where to buy TV Empty

Back to top Go down

where to buy TV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum :: Your first category :: Eleuthera forum-
Jump to: