Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Water bill and taxes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenoser

Water bill and taxes Empty
PostSubject: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:56 pm

We have not had our property tax bill via mail delivered in Canada as yet, any other Canucks in the same scenario?

We did get our quarterly water bill via email and while no one has been there the bill shows useage. So in looking back the last three times the meter was read it was exactly on the thousands of gallons and this bill for usage is exactly the same as the previous two. Is it possible the water company is just estimating the usage and not actually reading to get an accurate count?

Thanks in advance for any replies. Blue
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Apparently the propery tax bills were mailed out quite late....many of us right here in the Bahamas still have not recieved them.
Back to top Go down
Bluenoser

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Guess what I got in the mail today...tax bill! Dated 11/23, next time I am going to ask where my winning lottery ticket will be drawn. Maybe I will get that in 24 hours too.
Back to top Go down
RachelH

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:14 pm

We got our tax bill this week also. Has anyone had luck paying it online?
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 am

I paid mine online last year...no problem.
Back to top Go down
oceanbreeze

PostSubject: Tax/ Wtr pmnt on line   Water bill and taxes EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:23 am

Registration for on line pmt 4 Wtr and tax is a breeze !
Pmt with U$ credit card affiliated/issued by CANADIAN BANK IS NOT POSSIBLE!!
it is always rejected...
SOO good ole bank draft in U$ dollars is a sure bet
Oceanbreeze
Back to top Go down
Bluenoser

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:58 pm

I got a brand new US$ from my Canadian based bank the day after the tax bill came. I went to the new website suggested found it a little too busy and opted instead to use my login at the former gov't site and was able to see my assessment there and my payment was accepted. That card saved me about $25   C on its first use (no conversion fee).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water bill and taxes   Water bill and taxes Empty

Back to top Go down

Water bill and taxes
Page 1 of 1