Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Going to take me a while.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Soapstop

Going to take me a while..... Empty
PostSubject: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 2:37 am

I'm sure it will catch on, IB, but the new posts up at the top of the page gets me every time. The old dog is used to the old forum way, I guess. Plus my IPad doesn't show me which topics I haven't read. That and I will need to spend time digging in to the settings to see if I can set notifications to "on" so that I don't ignore people that have responded on a thread that I have commented on. I hate the appearance of a snub by me. Thanks again for all the hard work IB. Very much appreciated.

Soapy
Back to top Go down
Soapstop

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 2:43 am

Oops. And then I saw the "classic" button and it makes the format much closer to the old style, including bold text for new and newly added to threads. Maw maw never said I was the sharpest........ Wink

Soapy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:10 am

Pleased that you found 'the button' Soap.

I went for newest at the top as I use that convention when I open my Gmail account so I see the latest e-mails on the first page.

I also have my original e-mail account using Thunderbird and on that I have the newest at the bottom. However that always defaults to show the bottom of the page on first launching.

How weird am I?

Perhaps we should have a poll to see which is the favoured option and I can alter the settings again if the majority are like you?

Cheers!

IB

Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bahamas4u.forumotion.co.uk
Soapstop

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:06 am

No poll necessary in my opinion, just my observation that it's taking me a bit to get up to speed Smile. I'll get used to it, you know, sometime before I turn 70. Hope you are doing well, my friend.

Soapy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 am

Having said the 'below', and thinking back, I'm sure that we did have the newest thread/post at the top on the old forum immediately after the 'stickies' as well.

Let me know when you get used to it and then......I can change everything again to confuse you!  bounce

IB
Back to top Go down
Soapstop

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:27 am

No, I wasn't talking about the threads themselves, I was talking about the posts within a thread that show up in reverse order (newest at top). In any case, no issues IB. All good. Happy All Hallow's Eve to you!

Soap
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:28 am

And to you my friend!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 am

I can reverse the posts order without any difficulty, and I know it kind of flies in the face of logic to have the last post first. After all you wouldn't expect to find the last chapter of a book at the front.....unless you read Japanese of course (that really threw me watching people read books when we were on trains in Japan seeing them turning pages from front to back!).

However I tend to think that it is slightly easier to see the latest first rather than scrolling through all the posts that one has previously read, particularly if a thread is well-subscribed.

IB
Back to top Go down
Soapstop

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 12:35 am

I'm sure I'll get used to it. As I said, just going to take me a while Smile

Soap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to take me a while.....   Going to take me a while..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Going to take me a while.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum :: Your first category :: Eleuthera forum-
Jump to: