Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question...drawings and permits

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rangoon_girl

Question...drawings and permits Empty
PostSubject: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi all, it's been a long time and things do look slow here. Hope there's still a few of you out there. It's a bit difficult to find this site on a random google search.
ANyhoo... question for you about architecture drawings and permits for building a small house, I received a quote for *gasp* $10K. I wasn't expecting that much. Is that a normal price? Hoping that someone would know and could tell me. I almost fainted since the overall budget is pretty tiny as it is. Hope everyone is good. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
El G

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 pm

We used McCardy for our plans.  He copied someone else's plans and we made a few changes.  Cost $8k.  Total rip off, but you gotta have Bahamian Architect approve the plans.  There was a lady in Gregorytown that did plans.  Can't remember her name.  But she is on the right going down the hill coming from GHB before you get to the street going to Monica's Dis n Dat.

El G
Back to top Go down
Rangoon_girl

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi El, thanks very much for the info! I feel better now knowing that prices are equally crazy!
Back to top Go down
Becks

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 am

Prices for everything are very subjective as far as the buyer is concerned. $8-10K for full architectual/engineering drawings isn't out of order, especially for a custom or personal design. The example of McCardy just copying someone elses design and making some changes  sounds off but remember these drawings are legal documents and carry liability should things go awry.
Back to top Go down
Rangoon_girl

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks Becks. Hope all is well with you! I provided a floor plan to the Bahamian architect, but it was just done up in PowerPoint. I'm glad to hear that I'm not being ripped off.
Back to top Go down
captnmarcus

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 am

Hi Rangoon Girl,
If you haven't committed to an architect yet you might search this site under the "sub-forums".
I was poking around and found a promising thread under "Wants" at the bottom of the page. The thread was "Architects" by Kristelsea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.customboatcharters.com
Rangoon_girl

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Awww shucks...thanks! Too late though... went ahead with this one already. Seems to be good so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Question...drawings and permits Empty

Back to top Go down

Question...drawings and permits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum :: Your first category :: Eleuthera forum-
Jump to: