Eleuthera (Bahamas) forum

The #1 'must belong to' forum for residents, visitors and friends of Eleuthera!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Question...drawings and permits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rangoon_girl

PostSubject: Question...drawings and permits   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi all, it's been a long time and things do look slow here. Hope there's still a few of you out there. It's a bit difficult to find this site on a random google search.
ANyhoo... question for you about architecture drawings and permits for building a small house, I received a quote for *gasp* $10K. I wasn't expecting that much. Is that a normal price? Hoping that someone would know and could tell me. I almost fainted since the overall budget is pretty tiny as it is. Hope everyone is good. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
El G

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 pm

We used McCardy for our plans.  He copied someone else's plans and we made a few changes.  Cost $8k.  Total rip off, but you gotta have Bahamian Architect approve the plans.  There was a lady in Gregorytown that did plans.  Can't remember her name.  But she is on the right going down the hill coming from GHB before you get to the street going to Monica's Dis n Dat.

El G
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rangoon_girl

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi El, thanks very much for the info! I feel better now knowing that prices are equally crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Becks

PostSubject: Re: Question...drawings and permits   Today at 9:16 am

Prices for everything are very subjective as far as the buyer is concerned. $8-10K for full architectual/engineering drawings isn't out of order, especially for a custom or personal design. The example of McCardy just copying someone elses design and making some changes  sounds off but remember these drawings are legal documents and carry liability should things go awry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Question...drawings and permits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1